With years of hands-on experience in managed cloud hosting technology, I understand the landscape inside and out. If you're grappling with the decision of whether CloudWays is the right software for you, rest assured this in-depth review will give you the information you need.
CloudWays Product Overview
CloudWays is a managed cloud hosting platform that focuses on simplicity and ease of use through its hosting plan. This web hosting platform offers hosting services and is designed for developers, digital agencies, and e-commerce businesses who want to manage their cloud infrastructure without fuss. The platform takes care of many of the pain points associated with cloud hosting, such as server maintenance and security.
Among its top features are its automated backups, scalable architecture, and team collaboration capabilities. Also, Cloudways partners with leading cloud services like DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, AWS (Amazon Web Services), and Google Cloud to deliver high-speed performance and dependable uptime.
Additionally, Cloudways offers support for a diverse range of open-source platforms, including WordPress (managed WordPress hosting), Joomla, Drupal, Laravel, Magento, and PHP.
- Automated Backups: CloudWays ensures your data is safe by automating the backup process, so you don't have to worry about manual saves.
- Scalable Architecture: The platform grows with your business, allowing you to increase resources as your needs expand.
- Team Collaboration: CloudWays allows multiple team members to collaborate on a single project, streamlining workflows and reducing friction.
- Learning Curve: While the platform aims for simplicity, those new to cloud hosting may find certain features overwhelming.
- Limited Integrations: The software does not support as many third-party integrations as some competitors, which can limit its versatility.
- No Windows Servers: CloudWays focuses solely on Linux-based servers, leaving businesses reliant on Windows out in the cold.
Having spent years in this industry, I've seen a wide array of managed cloud hosting platforms, and CloudWays holds its own. When you balance its features against pricing, support, and ease of onboarding, it shows a strong profile. However, it does lack in certain areas, such as limited third-party integrations, and this could be a deal-breaker for some.
If you're a developer, digital agency, or e-commerce business looking for a solid but straightforward hosting solution, CloudWays hosting should be on your shortlist. It outperforms in scalability and collaboration features but lags a bit when it comes to integrations and Windows server support.
CloudWays Review: The Bottom Line
What sets CloudWays apart from similar software is its user-centric approach. While many cloud hosting solutions require users to manage multiple aspects manually, CloudWays prioritizes ease and simplicity. Its automated backup system and scalable architecture are particularly noteworthy features that address pain points for businesses looking to host their operations on the cloud.
Another advantage of CliudWays is that the company provides Breeze, an in-house caching plugin designed to enhance WordPress site performance through optimization. This plugin comes pre-configured and activates automatically on your WordPress website.
CloudWays Deep Dive
- Automated Backups: Yes
- SSL Certificate Installation: Yes
- Multiple Data Centers: Yes
- Load Balancing: Yes
- Auto-Scaling: Yes
- Managed Firewalls: Yes
- DDoS Protection: Yes
- 24/7 Support: Yes
- Staging Environment: Yes
- Team Collaboration Features: Yes
- One-Click App Installations: Yes
- Performance Monitoring: Yes
- Disk Space Management: Yes
- Bandwidth Monitoring: Yes
- Managed Databases: Yes
- SSH and SFTP Access: Yes
- Caching: Yes
- CDN Integration: Yes
- Email Hosting: No
- Custom Domains (DNS/Domain Name): Yes
- Traffic Analytics: Yes
- Git Integration: Yes
- Migration Assistance: Yes
- Redundant Storage: Yes
- Log Access: Yes
- Automated Backups: The platform backs up your data automatically, reducing risk and saving time.
- Managed Firewalls: CloudWays includes firewalls managed at both server and application levels for advanced security.
- Load Balancing: This feature helps distribute incoming traffic to maintain performance during traffic spikes.
- Auto-Scaling: CloudWays adjusts resources automatically based on your traffic, ensuring smooth operations.
- Multiple Data Centers: Choose from an array of data centers to optimize latency and enhance user experience.
- One-Click App Installations: Installing applications (WordPress, WooCommerce) takes just a single click, speeding up project deployments.
- Performance Monitoring: A robust dashboard keeps tabs on your server’s performance metrics in real-time.
- Team Collaboration Features: The software allows for multiple team members to collaborate within the same environment.
- Git Integration: Developers can use Git to manage and deploy code directly onto their servers.
- Migration Assistance: CloudWays offers free migration services to help you switch from another hosting provider.
- Managed Firewalls at Multiple Levels: While many services offer basic firewall protection, CloudWays goes further by managing it at both the server and application levels.
- Robust Performance Monitoring: The in-depth, real-time monitoring dashboard is more comprehensive than most competitors offer.
- Team Collaboration Features: Unlike many platforms, CloudWays allows team collaboration in the same environment, making it ideal for larger projects and organizations.
- Native Integrations: CloudWays offers integrations with key tools like Git for code management and deployment.
- API: They offer a comprehensive API for custom integrations, extending its functionality.
- Add-Ons: Additional features can be added, such as email add-ons, notification systems, and more.
Pricing upon request
Ease of Use
The user interface is clean, but some users, especially those new to cloud hosting, may find it a bit overwhelming initially. Features like one-click app installations ease the onboarding process. Navigation through its control panel is straightforward, but the platform could benefit from a more intuitive organization of some functionalities.
Also, Cloudways accepts payments from major credit card companies like Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, as well as PayPal so you have no worries when it comes to that part and you can pay-as-you-go.
Customer support at CloudWays operates 24/7, but the level of expertise can vary. The platform does offer an array of resources like documentation and tutorials, but live chat support is often recommended for immediate issues. There have been some customer complaints about delayed response times during peak hours.
CloudWays Use Case
Who would be a good fit for CloudWays?
Developers, digital agencies, and e-commerce businesses stand to gain the most from CloudWays. These users prize features like automated backups, load balancing, and auto-scaling, all designed to ensure smooth operational flow.
The tool has built-in functionalities to support collaboration among team members, making it a hit among larger organizations or those with a distributed workforce. Small businesses in the tech, e-commerce, and digital marketing sectors, as well as those ranging from small startups to medium-sized enterprises, find CloudWays a good fit.
Who would be a bad fit for CloudWays?
If you're operating in a Windows server environment, you should steer clear of CloudWays since it doesn't offer Windows-based servers. Businesses that rely heavily on third-party integrations may also find CloudWays limiting.
It's not the best fit for those who are entirely new to cloud hosting and are not prepared for a bit of a learning curve. Large enterprises requiring extensive customization and control may find CloudWays too streamlined for their complex needs.
What types of businesses are best suited for CloudWays?
CloudWays works well for developers, digital agencies, and e-commerce businesses, particularly those that require scalability and multiple team members to collaborate.
Does CloudWays offer Windows-based servers?
No, CloudWays does not offer Windows-based servers; it focuses solely on Linux-based servers.
Is there a free migration service?
Yes, CloudWays offers a free migration service to help you transition from another hosting provider.
How is the customer support at CloudWays?
CloudWays offers 24/7 customer support through multiple channels, including live chat, although some users have noted delays in response times.
Are there native integrations available?
Yes, CloudWays offers native integrations with key tools like Git and has a comprehensive API for additional custom integrations.
Is auto-scaling available on CloudWays?
Yes, CloudWays offers auto-scaling features to automatically adjust resources based on traffic demands.
Does CloudWays support team collaboration?
Yes, CloudWays allows multiple team members to collaborate within the same environment, making it suitable for larger projects and organizations.
How secure is CloudWays?
CloudWays takes security seriously, offering managed firewalls at both the server and application levels, along with DDoS protection and automated backups.
- Kinsta: Often praised for its excellent customer support and optimized environment for WordPress, Kinsta could be a better fit for businesses looking specifically for WordPress hosting with top-tier support.
- SiteGround: With a more beginner-friendly interface and diverse server locations, SiteGround stands out for those who are new to cloud hosting and need comprehensive global coverage.
- WP Engine: If your primary focus is on creative agility and development speed, WP Engine offers an array of unique tools for building and launching WordPress sites rapidly.
CloudWays Company Overview & History
CloudWays hosting company operates as a managed cloud hosting platform aimed at simplifying the process of deploying, monitoring, and managing applications on multiple cloud servers. Companies ranging from small startups to established e-commerce platforms use it for their hosting needs. The company is privately owned and has its headquarters in Malta.
Although there aren't high-profile names among their board members or advisors, the company's mission centers around making life easier for developers through robust, scalable, and secure hosting solutions. Since its founding, CloudWays has consistently added more features and expanded its list of supported cloud providers.
Navigating the world of managed cloud hosting can be complex, but CloudWays cloud platform provides a range of features and functionalities to make this journey smoother. It excels in offering scalable solutions with automated backups, load balancing, and collaborative features.
However, it may not be suitable for everyone, particularly those who require Windows servers or seek highly customizable solutions. If you've had experiences with CloudWays, feel free to share your insights and opinions. Your input could help others make an informed choice.