With decades in the all-in-one IT platform tech field, I know the importance of choosing the right software. In the next few minutes, you'll get all the information you need on Atera to decide if it's the right fit for your IT needs.
Atera Software Product Overview
Atera is a cloud-based all-in-one solution and software platform designed for remote IT management and monitoring. Its primary audience includes MSPs and in-house IT professionals. Furthermore, Atera offers a unified workspace that eases the monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of a vast array of devices.
The platform excels in user-friendly interface design, robust reporting, and the provision of remote access tools such as AnyDesk, Splashtop, TeamViewer, or ScreenConnect.
- User Interface: Atera sports a clean, intuitive interface that reduces the learning curve for new users.
- Robust Reporting: Detailed reporting tools in Atera enable real-time insights, making it easier to make data-driven decisions.
- Remote Access: The built-in remote access feature makes it simpler to manage and troubleshoot devices from afar.
- Limited Integrations: Atera lags in third-party integrations, which may hamper workflow in more complex environments.
- Basic Ticketing: The ticketing system is somewhat rudimentary, making it less suitable for organizations that require sophisticated case management.
- Resource Consumption: Atera can be resource-heavy at times, potentially affecting the performance of monitored devices.
In my considered view, Atera as a management tool offers a balanced set of features suitable for small to medium-sized IT environments. In fact, its user-friendly interface and robust reporting capabilities stand out.
However, when comparing it to other similar tools, it's not as strong in terms of third-party integrations and ticketing functionality through PSA. It excels in providing straightforward remote access and reporting but can be a resource hog in certain scenarios. So, if you're an MSP or an in-house IT professional in a less complex setting, you'll find Atera a strong contender.
One more thing worth mentioning is that Atera is available as a mobile app on Android and iOS. But it is supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Atera Review: The Bottom Line
What sets Atera IT Service Service Management (ITSM) apart from similar software is its focus on user experience. It offers a unified workspace that's intuitive and easy to navigate, which is especially beneficial for those new to IT management software. Its robust reporting tools allow for a deep dive into your network's health, something that isn't as polished in many alternatives. These features make Atera a compelling option, despite some limitations.
Atera Deep Dive
- Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM Tool) - Yes
- Helpdesk and Ticketing - Yes
- Patch Management - Yes
- IT Automation - Yes
- Network Monitoring - Yes
- Asset Management - Yes
- Cloud Management - Yes
- API Availability - Yes
- Multi-Tenant Architecture - Yes
- Security Management - Yes
- Real-Time Reporting - Yes
- User Access Control - Yes
- Compliance Management - Yes
- Disaster Recovery - No
- Mobile Access - Yes
- Time Tracking - Yes
- Chat Support - Yes
- Email Integration - Yes
- Invoice and Billing - Yes
- Integration with Third-party Tools - Yes
- Event Logs - Yes
- Contract Management - No
- SLA Management - Yes
- Client Portals - Yes
- Knowledge Base - Yes
Atera Feature Overview
- Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM): Atera excels in offering real-time RMM, allowing for active troubleshooting.
- Helpdesk and Ticketing: Atera has a simple yet effective helpdesk, making it easy to manage support tickets.
- Patch Management: Keep all your software updated efficiently, lowering security risks.
- IT Automation: Atera allows for the automation of repetitive tasks, saving time and effort.
- Network Monitoring: The software offers an overview of your entire network's health status.
- Asset Management: Tracking hardware and software assets is streamlined in Atera.
- Cloud Management: Atera provides centralized cloud resource management.
- API Availability: The API lets you build custom integrations to suit your workflow.
- Multi-Tenant Architecture: Serve multiple clients within a single instance of Atera, making it ideal for MSPs.
- Real-Time Reporting: Detailed analytics and real-time reports offer actionable insights.
- Real-Time Reporting: Unlike some competitors, Atera's real-time reporting features are robust and offer quick, actionable insights.
- IT Automation: Automation in Atera is highly customizable, giving you the freedom to tailor your workflow.
- Multi-Tenant Architecture: This is a boon for MSPs who want to manage multiple clients seamlessly without switching platforms.
- Native Integrations: Atera provides native integrations with Microsoft 365, QuickBooks, and Zapier, to name a few.
- API: The software offers an API to develop your custom integrations.
- Add-Ons: Additional functionalities can be added through an array of supported add-ons like Webroot, Acronis, and Bitdefender.
- Pro Plan: $89/user/month (billed annually) - This pricing model includes RMM, ticketing, and reports.
- Growth Plan: $119/user/month (billed annually) - This tier adds IT automation, network discovery, and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Power Plan: $149/user/month (billed annually, min 5 seats) - This top-tier plan includes all the features of the lower plans plus priority support and onboarding.
Ease of Use
As a matter of fact, navigating through Atera feels intuitive. The design favors a streamlined user experience, making it easier to find what you need. However, the reporting interface can get a bit cluttered when dealing with extensive data sets.
Atera offers support through email, live chat, and an extensive knowledge base. While the response times are reasonable, some users have reported that the live chat can at times be slower to resolve more complex issues.
Atera Use Case
Who would be a good fit for Atera?
Atera finds its most loyal customer base among Managed Service Providers (MSPs), thanks to its multi-tenant architecture. As Atera is used for remote control and remote support, small to mid-sized IT teams also see value in its comprehensive yet straightforward functionalities.
Businesses in healthcare, finance, and retail particularly benefit from Atera's robust security features. Moreover, it's a strong fit for teams of around 5-50 members where there's a need for a centralized IT management system.
Who would be a bad fit for Atera?
In fact, companies with an emphasis on disaster recovery might find Atera lacking in that department, as it doesn't offer native disaster recovery solutions. Businesses in industries that require highly specialized compliance reporting could also be disappointed. Also, if you're part of a very large enterprise, say a team of over 200, you might find Atera's capabilities a bit constrained.
Does Atera offer a free trial?
Yes, Atera does offer a free trial for users to evaluate the platform.
What kind of customer support does Atera provide?
Atera offers support via email, live chat, and also has an extensive knowledge base.
Is Atera suitable for large enterprises?
Atera is more optimized for small to mid-sized businesses and may not suit the complexities of larger enterprises.
Does Atera offer disaster recovery solutions?
No, Atera does not provide native disaster recovery solutions.
Can Atera integrate with third-party tools?
Yes, Atera offers native integrations and also provides an API for custom integrations.
Is Atera’s interface user-friendly?
Generally, users find Atera’s interface to be intuitive and easy to navigate.
What kind of security features does Atera offer?
Atera offers robust security management, including two-factor authentication and secure data storage.
Does Atera offer real-time reporting?
Yes, Atera provides real-time reporting features that allow for instant data analysis and insights.
Alternatives to Atera
- ConnectWise Manage: This tool is a strong choice for businesses that need advanced project management functionalities along with IT support.
- Kaseya VSA: Often chosen for its deep customization options, Kaseya VSA gives you the freedom to tailor the platform to meet specific needs.
- SolarWinds MSP: Opt for SolarWinds if you're looking for comprehensive network monitoring features that Atera might not offer.
If you're interested in learning about some other alternatives, discover our article on the best remote monitoring and management software.
Atera Company Overview & History
Atera is a technology company that specializes in providing all-in-one IT platform management solutions, with a focus on serving Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and IT professionals. Moreover, clients range from small businesses to mid-sized companies across multiple sectors.
Also, it's a privately-owned firm headquartered in New York City. While details about the ownership are private, the team has specialists in IT management, cloud computing, and cybersecurity.
The company's mission is to simplify IT management with a unified platform. As a matter of fact, over the years, Atera has reached various milestones including the integration of key third-party applications and constant updates to improve user experience.
Throughout this review, we've explored Atera's functionalities, its strengths and weaknesses, and also who would be the ideal user for this platform. In my expert opinion, small to mid-sized IT teams or MSPs will find that Atera provides a well-rounded package, although it won't suit everyone.
So, if you've used Atera or have experiences with similar platforms, please feel free to share your insights below as we are interested in user reviews. Your real-world experiences can help others make an informed decision.